Saturday, July 26, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Sunday, July 20, 2014
'Well, you'll remember me a little. I'll be a story in your head. But that's OK. We're all stories in the end…'
Amy Pond - Hayley Smith
11th Doctor & edit - MattEleven
Photo by Soph
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
everyone getting excited for the new series?!
New season of Doctor Who premiering Saturday, August 23rd at 8/7c with feature-length episode ‘Deep Breath.’
Watch the teaser here.
For those outside of the US, the teaser can be seen here!
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
The BBC has today confirmed the much-anticipated eighth series of the hit drama Doctor Who will land on BBC America Saturday, August 23rd at 8/7c.
The feature length premiere episode entitled “Deep Breath” will see Peter Capaldi take on one of TV’s most iconic roles as the Twelfth Doctor, alongside Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara.
An exclusive 15 second teaser showing a first-look glimpse of the new Doctor and Clara aired this evening on BBC America confirming the date, and can be seen here.
See the teaser here if you’re outside of the US!
Friday, June 20, 2014
#WhoChat Starts This Week
What’s the best TARDIS reference in popular culture? What was greatest technological feat of the Cybermen? Where would the Ice Warriors live on earth?
Whochat is a brand new monthly tweet chat hosted by@doctorwho_aus. Join Doctor Who fans from Australia and all corners of the Whoniverse for a chat about all things Doctor Who.
Each month there will be a different topic, including the TARDIS, monsters, the Doctor and companions. If you have a suggestion for #whochat topics, tweet us @doctorwho_aus.
Click here for details and times!
Friday, June 13, 2014
30 Days of Summer Time Doctor Who
Hello, Whovians and happy summer! With all this sunshine and fun times going on, we thought to ourselves “hey, we should do a thing.”
So we figured why not start a 30 Days meme?
Each day, starting tomorrow, June 21, make a post responding to the day’s challenge. It can be text, an image, your art, a video - whatever you think works best for your answer. Post it to your blog with the tag #30 Days of Doctor Who and we’ll go through and reblog some of our favorites.
30 days is a lot of dayage, so don’t worry if you can’t do all of the days. The point is to have fun with this and be creative!
So have at it:
- Day one (21 June): Who was your first Doctor?
- Day two: Who is your favorite companion, either full time or one off?
- Day three: Invent a new feature for the Sonic Screwdriver. We know it doesn’t do wood, but can it clean up spilled drinks?
- Day four: Who has been your favorite historical appearance? Was it Madame de Pompadour? Maybe Winston Churchill?
- Day five: What’s your favorite episode?
- Day six: If you were the Doctor, what would your catch phrase be? Ahoy, mateys? To infinity and beyond?
- Day seven: Take a selfie in front of a TARDIS! It could be a poster, a toy, a drawing, anything! Just make sure to tag it with #infrontofthetardis!
- Day eight: What’s your favorite Doctor Who audio adventure? If you don’t listen to the audios, click here tell us which summary you think sounds exciting!
- Day nine: Which Doctor Who alumni would you like to bring back? This could be either a character or an actor, your choice!
- Day ten: What’s your favorite piece of music from the show? Did you like Vale Decem? Or perhaps Rose’s Theme?
- Day eleven: Name a who-ism you use irl! Do you like to run around saying allons-y? Do you tell people not to blink?
- Day twelve: Come up with a name for a Doctor Who recipe! Something like Davros donuts or Prisoner Zero pizza.
- Day thirteen: Who would be your ideal Team TARDIS?
- Day fourteen: Mods are asleep! Anything goes!
- Day fifteen: Which regeneration of the Doctor would you most like to meet and why?
- Day sixteen: Which episode or scene made you feel all the feels?
- Day seventeen: Name a crossover that you’d love to see.
- Day eighteen: The TARDIS has a near infinite number of rooms including a swimming pool, a library, and a swimming pool inside the library. Which room would you like to spend time in?
- Day nineteen: What’s your favorite Doctor Who-related youtube video?
- Day twenty: Think of the last movie you saw. Would the protagonist be a good companion? Or maybe they’d be the villain?
- Day twenty-one: Name a planet that you’d like to visit in the TARDIS. Maybe you’d like to go to the planet the planet of slightly over-inflated beach balls, let us know!
- Day twenty-two: What songs would appear on your Doctor Who playlist? Make us a mixtape!
- Day twenty-three: What would your Time Lord name be? The Magician? The Carpenter?
- Day twenty-four: Take a picture with something irl that you think could be from Doctor Who?
- Day twenty-five: What’s your favorite Doctor Who art? Make sure to give the artist credit if it’s not yours!
- Day twenty-six: Show us your best Doctor Who cosplay but you can only use things you can find in your closet.
- Day twenty-seven: Who is your favorite Doctor Who-related tumblr that isn’t us?
- Day twenty-eight: Write an episode summary for Series 8! What do you think the Twelfth Doctor and Clara will have to face?
- Day twenty-nine: Who is your favorite Time Lord other than the Doctor? The Rani? The Master?
- Day thirty (20 July): Make a TARDIS out of things you find in your room!
In case you missed it, we’re doing a thing!
in case anyone would like to participate! enjoy!
a ravenclaw inventing a spell like “ive enchanted this quill so that one dip in an inkwell and it will be able to draw from that inkwell until its out! no redipping!” and their muggle born friend just
"a…pen.you literally just used magic to make a pen"
And then the muggleborn gives them a normal pen and they’re just like “how does it workOH MY MERLIN IT CLICKS” and they just spend the whole class clicking their pen
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Journey to the center of the TARDIS + complementary colors
Monday, February 24, 2014
theoddballgentleman said: What do you consider to be the scariest fandom on Tumblr?
…I don’t know how I missed this question, sorry lovely D: I’ll be late to my own funeral, I swear.
HOWEVER I will say the Supernatural fandom is scariest. They have a GIF for EVERYTHING, and the amount of power that gives them is frightening.
also help I started watching again and I’m on season 8.
A new character to be introduced in the new season of Doctor Who, meet Danny Pink played by Samuel Anderson.
Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Gavin & Stacey) is set to join the cast of Doctor Who as a recurring character in the new season, which will also introduce Peter Capaldi as the Doctor to millions of viewers. Anderson will play Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where companion Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) also teaches when the series returns to BBC AMERICA later this year.
Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, added: “For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the first Doctor. These days it’s the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi’s first season of Doctor Who!”